Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gone With The Wind


I recently had the pleasure of viewing Gone With The Wind (1939) at a local movie theater. The theater was packed full of people, both old and young, who wanted to view the movie on a big screen; the way it should be seen. I was blown away and enjoyed every minute of it.

I really see this as a near-perfect movie. The story sucks you in and makes you care about the characters even though some of them can be shallow at times. My only real gripe is its racial insensitivity. I'm sure it's almost accurately depicting the way African Americans were treated at the time, but everyone's such a caricature of a human being that it sometimes takes away from the believability of the film. That said, the rest of the film is beautifully presented and you really don't mind that you've spent four hours of your time visiting this fairytale.

A great film that deserves to be watched time and time again. (9.5/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment