Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bring It On


I remember being back in middle school and seeing Bring It On (2000) for the first time. I was on the floor laughing because I'd never seen anything so funny before. Although some of the jokes have gotten old and the movie now looks a little dated, it's still a very funny film.

I think the mix of serious drama and slapstick humor is what makes Bring It On a success. There is a real story and, even though the story isn't necessarily about something you care about, to the characters, it's their world. The end of the movie is probably too easily resolved, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt in saying that it wouldn't have ended better any other way.

Still a very funny movie and great to watch with friends. (7.8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment