Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ghostbusters


I may be a little biased in this review because I've loved Ghostbusters (1984) ever since I was a little kid. Back then it was so cool to see all the ghosts and ghouls flying around New York City, but as I grew older I began to comprehend the storyline of the movie and it eventually became one of my all-time favorites.

I can't talk about this movie without gushing about the opening sequence. I can think of very few movies that suck you in the way Ghostbusters does. By winding through a spooky library basement only to find a terrifying floating librarian - the movie sets itself up well for both the scares and laughs to come. My only real problem with the movie (looking back in it years later) is that they decided to use claymation in some scenes that really aren't necessary and sort of lose the real-world feeling of some of the out-of-this-world special effects.

Other than that small complaint, I love the film and will always keep it near the top of my list of favorite comedies. (9.0/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment