Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Is Spinal Tap


I feel like I missed out on the joke when I saw This Is Spinal Tap (1984) a couple of years ago. I had been reading online that it was one of the funniest movies ever made and I was excited to finally get to see it. I have to say, I was really disappointed.

I think that on paper the movie is comedy gold. I remember reading some of the lines from the movie and cracking up laughing by picturing how the scenes would play out. Upon watching the movie, however, the way the actors played the parts and the way the movie was set up really didn't allow the jokes to roll in a way that tickled my funny bone. I understood what was going on, but I wasn't there with them in the way I needed to be to end up laughing as hard as a lot of other people did. It was disappointing, because the movie could have really worked had I felt a bigger connection with anything that was happening on screen.

Maybe a re-make would be a good idea for this one, though I know fans of this movie would probably kill me for suggesting such a thing. (5.0/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment