Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Sixth Sense


I was never an M. Night Shyamalan fan and The Sixth Sense (1999) was where that started. Even at my young age upon seeing this in theaters for the first time, everything seemed overacted or forced.

The story is something everyone knows by now: "I see dead people." Yes, the little boy can see spirits (something that has been popularized by every ghost show on late night cable) and they play a part in his everyday life. He doesn't tend to react to them in any way a child should; maybe he's used to them, or maybe it's bad direction - either way it all got nominated for undeserved Oscars. I decided to give M. Night another chance as I thought Unbreakable was good enough, but after getting completely sucked into Signs only to be let down, I put in the towel for this director.

I am willing to give Devil (2010) a chance when it comes out, but that one is only produced by M. Night. (5.8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment