Thursday, September 2, 2010

Piranha 3D


Well there's not too much to say about Piranha 3D (2010). You can pretty much see every plot twist coming and the over-the-top gore was a little over-the-top for me. I didn't really see anything redeeming about this movie, for me it wasn't even enjoyable.

I know it was supposed to go above and beyond what most movies would find acceptable and I know it was supposed to be just for the fun, but I don't think it went far enough in either direction for me to go along for the ride. It wasn't slap-happy gore like The Evil Dead, and it wasn't just a fun ride like Grindhouse. It's like there's this grey area in between, and that's where this movie sits.

Overall, not enjoyable in any sense of the word, but at least I didn't walk out. (3.8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment