Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jennifer's Body


There's something about Jennifer's Body (2009) that I like, but after two viewings I still can't put my finger on it. I'm not a huge fan of the plot, the acting isn't spectacular, and the way the film is shot leaves something to be desired. But, there's still something about it I like.

The story follows a girl named Needy who has to put up with Jennifer, the best friend from Hell... literally. After a botched virgin sacrifice (because she is not one), Jennifer now has to stay alive by killing people and drinking their blood. It's up to Needy to make sure Jennifer stays in line and stops killing people she knows. The whole thing is kind of stupid, but it come across as a horror film version of Mean Girls. That may be why I like it, there's dark humor and it's enough to keep my interest.

Not a movie I would watch over and over, but definitely a fun movie. (6.9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment