Sunday, September 5, 2010

Machete


I was kind of hesitant about going to see Machete (2010) just because I wasn't sure how it would turn out. I mean, changing a 3 minute fake trailer into a 90 minute movie takes some effort, and I didn't know if it could be done. I was way wrong.

The movie bounces around through characters, but keeps a consistent storyline. The movie is meant to look like a poorly made grindhouse flick, and the effect comes off beautifully. Also, in the "over-the-topness" that Piranha 3D (2010) failed at going all the way with, Machete goes above and beyond. Just when you think they're not going to go further, they do. It's an amazing combination of a good movie and a good time and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Overall, a very satisfying movie experience (8.1/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment