Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Repulsion


I was really looking forward to this movie. I think the only other Polanski film I've seen until now was Rosemary's Baby, and that is one of my favorite films of all time. I was thinking another psychological horror film from the same director made around the same time would be just as good, but I was wrong.

Repulsion (1965) is supposed to be a movie about sexual repression and how it can affect the mind. It's drawn a comparison to David Lynch's Eraserhead, another one of my favorite movies. I see the similarities, but the difference is the execution. Repulsion lumbers along from one scene to the next, every scene lasting too long and some not needed at all. I can appreciate the film and some of the visuals are quite startling, but in the end I don't think it was made all that well from any aspect.

For a movie titled Repulsion, I was expecting a bit more than what I found. (6.1/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment