Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Inception


I had been looking forward to Inception since the first posters and trailers made their way into theaters. Everything about it seemed like it would turn out as nothing but perfection, and I was not disappointed.

Inception (2010) starts out with a jumble of images and ideas that are only explained later in the film. The audience finds themselves thrown into an uncomfortable and new world that does not quite make sense. Though there is much plot to describe in the first hour or so of the movie, I found myself so engrossed in everything that was going on. I was trying to figure out how characters fit together, what was going to happen next, and what things were symbolic to cracking the code of the movie. As the film progresses we fall into a complicated bank robbery-type film that moves you to the edge of your seat; all the while you're forced to keep track of every second of the film to keep with it. I don't think I've ever had more fun at a movie.

I can't wait to view the movie a second time to see if I've gotten everything out of it that I can. I used to think that the 1970's were the peak of cinema. Now I'm looking forward to this next decade to prove me wrong.

As close to perfection as I've ever seen in a movie. (9.8/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment